Saturday, March 25, 2017

Day 6: Saturday, March 25, 2017



2017 Busy Catholic’s Online Lenten Retreat

Living Lent With Love

Day Six
Saturday, March 25

Today’s Scripture
Luke 1:26-38

Pope Francis’s Reflection
Whenever we look to Mary, we come to believe once again in the revolutionary nature of love and tenderness. In her we see that humility and tenderness are not virtues of the weak but of the strong who need not treat others poorly in order to feel important themselves. Contemplating Mary, we realize that she who praised God for “bringing down the mighty from their thrones” and “sending the rich away empty” is also the one who brings a homely warmth to our pursuit of justice.
(Apostolic Exhortation/The Joy of the Gospel #288)

Let us pray.
Loving God, like Mary, I know you are present with me and that I’m greatly blessed. Like Mary, I’m sometimes also deeply troubled by the way you announce your plans for me and then turn my ordered world upside down. Whatever my life holds of joy or loss, I pray that I may enter each moment and meet every person with a heart of compassion and welcome so startling, bold and countercultural that no one will miss its source: you. May the revolution that is the good news of your love take hold in me. Amen.

Material in this year’s online retreat is excerpted with permission from Living Lent with Love.
This material is copyrighted and all rights are reserved. 
Published by special arrangement with Creative Communications for the Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment