Thursday, March 23, 2017

Day 4: Thursday, March 23, 2017



2017 Busy Catholic’s Online Lenten Retreat

Living Lent With Love

Day Four
Thursday, March 23

Today’s Scripture
(Jeremiah 7:23-28)

Pope Francis’s Reflection
We need to practice the art of listening, which is more than simply hearing. Listening, in communication, is an openness of heart which makes possible that closeness without which genuine spiritual encounter cannot occur. Listening helps us to find the right gesture and word which shows that we are more than simply bystanders. Only through such respectful and compassionate listening can we enter on the paths of true growth and awaken a yearning for the Christian ideal….
 (Apostolic Exhortation/The Joy of the Gospel #171)

Let us pray.
Loving God, at times I can feel a bit sorry for you. After all, you’re continually pouring out your love for me, showering me with your presence and your grace. And what happens? So many times I don’t pay attention. I go on my way and miss the announcement that you are here, now. It seems I hear, but I don’t really listen, don’t take your word into my heart, wrestle with it and invite it to transform my life. Open my heart so that nothing stands in the way of you. Amen.

Material in this year’s online retreat is excerpted with permission from Living Lent with Love.
This material is copyrighted and all rights are reserved. 
Published by special arrangement with Creative Communications for the Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment