Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Day 3: Wednesday, March 22, 2017



2017 Busy Catholic’s Online Lenten Retreat

Living Lent With Love

Day Three
Wednesday, March 22

Today’s Scripture
(Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9)

Pope Francis’s Comment
You can’t have a family without dreams. Once a family loses the ability to dream, children do not grow, love does not grow, life shrivels up and dies. So I ask you each evening, when you make your examination of conscience, to also ask yourselves this question: Today did I dream about my children’s future? Today did I dream about the love of my husband, my wife? Did I dream about my parents and grandparents who have gone before me?
 (Meeting with Families, Manila, January 16, 2015)

Let us Pray
Loving God, I had no say over choosing the family into which I was born. But I do have something to say about the family in which I live at this moment. I know how we can be flawed, broken and discouraged by our human limitations. I also believe that, with your grace, my family can come together, work, pray and play together to reflect your relationship of enduring love and forgiveness. May I always remember that you are at the center of who we are as family. Amen.

Material in this year’s online retreat is excerpted with permission from Living Lent with Love.
This material is copyrighted and all rights are reserved. 
Published by special arrangement with Creative Communications for the Parish

No comments:

Post a Comment